Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- The détente is a period of thawing out or un-freezing in roughly the middle of the Cold War.
- 1971 - Détente becomes the foreign policy of US president Richard Nixon towards USSR.
- 1964-1982 - Leonid Brezhnev is in office as the Head of the USSR. Brezhnev pushes for détente at the helm of the USSR.
- May 1972 - Strategic Arms Limitation Talks I (SALT I) is signed.
- Nov 1973 - US international negotiator William Henry Cameron is taking a negotiating trip to Peking ("The Solid Gold Kidnapping").
- Jan 1974 - Oscar Goldman engages himself in direct conversation with the Russians. However, some parties would not like such talks to proceed, and plan to murder Oscar ("Survival of the Fittest").
- Mar 01, 1974 - Soviet Col. Vasily Zhukov proposes a joint US-USSR nuclear powered manned mission to Mars ("Doomsday, and Counting", see above).
- Aug 1975 - The Helsinki Accords are signed.
- Feb 1976 - As a gesture of promoting friendship and trust, a Soviet troupe tours the US. The star of the troupe is gymnast Tanya Breski. Steve Austin protects her during her stay in the US ("Love Song for Tanya").
- Jan 1978 - Oscar and Russian diplomat Dmitri Zhukov (upon consulting his party and his government) agree to take the same stance in negotiating between two Middle East powers ("The Antidote").
- Feb 1978 - An exhibition of Russian masterpieces of fine art is taking place at the National Gallery in Washington, for cultural exchange and much more. The news goes: In an unprecedented expression of openness and trust, [the USSR] has given new meaning to the concept of Détente by allowing viewers an intimate look at [her] people, traditions, mind and heart ("The Madonna Caper").
- Oscar Goldman states that If we don't get that painting, we might be back in a Cold War..., indicating a quite notable state of détente then ("The Madonna Caper").
- Mar 1978 - General Simeon Norbukov and Oscar Goldman team up their agents Andrea Mestrova and Steve Austin in tracing a mobile launcher developed by the USSR and missiles developed by the US from a terrorist group ("The Moving Mountain").
- Dec 24, 1979 - The Soviet war in Afghanistan starts. The détente ends.
- 1989 - Oscar meets Russian General Dzerinsky, and both believe that previous conflicts should give way to détente again ("Bionic Showdown").